22 June 2009

Thing 44

This one was fun and discouraging all at the same time. The economy is in a mess and I see more trouble ahead. I did enjoy the money saving sites. I like feedthepig. Through this and other similar websites I have increased my gas mileage and am finding other small changes I can make in my daily life to save money. And I have used Craigslist a few times myself. My son uses it a lot and highly recommends it. We have sold a couple of cars and purchased some through the site. I don't use it much, though, because I don't need to buy anything. I have enough! I checked out the chicken raising sites, fun, but our town won't let us have chickens. The little almost-rural towns want to pretend to be big-city, while the big cities allow them. Go figure.
I also looked into the information sites and the on-line banking sites. I do not want to bank on-line but I can see the appeal of managing all one's accounts in one place. I also checked out the coupons (too much trouble and most of the coupons were for stuff I don't buy anyway) and the thrift shop locations. I will probably visit these sites again in the future, especially if something happens to my job and I need to trim the budget even more.