25 June 2008

I am not having fun. These 23 things on a stick are really 53 things on a stick (or more) and each step takes me a long time. I wanted to know more about what the internet and the new technologies have to offer so that I can better help our patrons, but at this point I don't know if I can help them at all. In step 2 I read about Library 2.0. I think the author feels that we should be humoring the elderly and the aging baby-boomers (of which I am one) until we can dump all the old ways of doing things and go completely high-tech. I want to learn the new but I like the old ways and don't want to lose them completely. Maybe there is co-existence.

4 comments:

LiberryGrrl said...

You might not be having fun but your blog looks GREAT! I think you're doing a wonderful job! I want to see what you're going to do next!

Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration, its always hard learning something new! I know you can do it though, keep having fun with the picture mash-ups. Try slide.com.

Happy blogging!

CMLE 23Things Coach
Megan Ballengee

LeAnn said...

And, you don't have to use every tool in every Thing. Look at all the Things and pick and choose which tool in each Thing that sounds like it might be useful for you. So, don't get frustrated yet, there's so much more interesting stuff coming up!

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach

sharver2000 said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I hate to sound like this is all torture for me because I am having a bit of fun, too.